Just stopped breastfeeding...

Just stopped breastfeeding my DD 2 weeks ago....and the first few days I was feeling fine, but for the last week and a half my breasts have been really sore...not engorged or anything just really sore. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this after stopping? I neve had this after stopping with any of my other children. Thanks in advance for your responses! :)

mommyrocks5

Asked by mommyrocks5 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My breast would swell too and they were really sore. I would let her eat just enough for the swelling to go down then I used cold cabbage leaves. It worked very well! My breast are no longer swelling and I haven't breastfed in a week or so.. I thought it would be harder since I breastfed for two yrs but the cabbage really helped
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• A couple of weeks after I weaned my LO I had to pump one last time on my right breast. It was sore but not engorged. Pumping that one last time seemed to help it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• id' give a little pump... there might have been a blocked duct that needs to be relieved.. a little pumping and it should loosen it and you should be fine afterwards
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yep. and whatever you do, don't pump. It you don't empty fully, you will have clogged ducts and can get mastisis. It will also prompt your body to start producing again.
    Take some tylenol and if they start feeling warm (like a fever), see a doctor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011