I had my gallbladder removed 10 days ago, due for my checkup in 4 days and my steristrips on my belly button are hanging by a thread...what should i do?

Should I remove them? Should I cover the incision site with something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• i'd cut the hanging strips away, but careful not to cut too much to pull on the newly adhering skin. i tried using bandaids over mine the last couple days, but i was allergic to them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't worry. I had them when I had the C-section with my son. The doc said they will eventually come off on their own.
    babygrlsmommy

Answer by babygrlsmommy at 4:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• These strips are suppose to fall off by themselves, do not pull them!

Answer by older at 4:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• The doctor told my husband they would come off on their own, upmost likely in the shower, and they did, I'd leave it, let it fall off on it's own.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• just leave it and when you go for your dr follow up he or she will check out it all out.. i used gauze and special tape to tape everything on and then under that the suergon put this special clear tape over my stitches to keep everything sealed for 10 weeks
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011