Rash on baby's face...

My daughter developed a pretty bad rash on the sides of her face (by her ears) about 10-15 minutes after I held her this morning. I am wondering because I had done some painting with primer earlier and I had dried primer on my arms and shirt, could she be having a reaction to the primer?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 4:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be, or could be due to the head, formula or breastmilk, it could be milia rather than a rash.. any number of things could trigger it, if it gets worse call your doctor.. otherwise keep an eye on it as see what develops.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Before thinking the worse... do you snuggle face to face (like I used to so I could smell my Itty Bitty)??? It can be from the oils on your face to their delicate skin... just an idea
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Not today I didn't the only part of me that touched her face was my arms and shirt (both of which had dried primer on them). I know their skin is sensitive so I am just wondering if the primer could have irritated her skin.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It is already gone-I didn't hold her again until after I changed and took a shower so I am thinking that is what it was, she went down for a nap with a big ole rash and woke up without it.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2011