Just got this in mail...

We just got something in mail from Allied Auto Finance saying that we qualify to refinance our auto loan and reduce our payments by almost $100 a month. I am just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this company? I am trying to find out if this is legit or if it is a scam, because if we could reduce our payments that much it would really help us out!

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 4:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes... they sent me one telling me the make and model of what I drive, stating they'd buy it for top dollar because the industry is in need of used cars to sell??? Hell No... they can't get me a better car than I drive now so not a chance I'd sell something I bought new, take care of, and low mileage???

Don't know if they are a scam, but I think they're crazy... doubt they can lower my car payment ($565 a month on a 50K for 5 years) and get me something better!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It is a bulk mailing and you might be able to. You would probably owe longer and It is likely that you will end up paying much more than your car is worth.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would be leery of it. We get those things to and I just toss them in the trash.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yeah after reading this and then the first person's response it kinda sounds like a scam
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011