Having problems with the middle age spread any suggestions besides beefing up my exercise regimen

icecoffee74

Asked by icecoffee74 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Cut out diet soda...it actually promotes weight gain. Stay away from white bread...use whole grain products instead. Get plenty of sleep. Fatigue also increases weight gain.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Buy a pair of sketcher shape ups and walk walk walk.. They engage your core muscles & trim your waist, hips thighs & butt WAY faster than regular sneakers.
    Anonymous

• @ Anon...do they really work? I've been thinking about getting some but am afraid to spend the money and have them not work.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'm not afraid to buy them, the only reason I haven't is because of how they look.....
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Those shoes don't work, cause injuries, and there's already a lawsuit over it.

Take a close look at what and how you're eating - how much salt, how many calories are you drinking via flavored water, soda, coffee creamer, etc, what ratio of  carbs to protein to fat (not meaning low-carb, but that they aren't more than 60% of what you eat), and how much processed food you're eating (they're all filled to the gills with salt, even the ones that say healthy or low fat on the label, plus some of the other addatives and cooking processes increase weight gain or stimulate your appetite, just like artificial sweeteners).

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• cut out all soda and sweets and replace with healthier snacks and I find writing down everything I eat helps
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes the shape ups work wonders! I had bought two pairs of walking shoes when I got my first pair, those and also a pair of Nike Shocks.. I walk 5 miles a day and the salesperson told me the shape ups were not for a distance of over 2 miles.. but I tried them on my 5 mile walk anyway and have never gone back to the others because the shape ups made such big changes in my body. I read the article posted above and you know there will always be controversy about new products. maybe those people with heel issues just started a new workout program and would have had issues with any shoe .. idk, all I know is I'm on my 3rd pair in three yrs and my body looks better than ever! If you buy from nordstroms you can always return them if you don't like them but trust me, you will! I have 3 friends that bought them & love them too and 2 of them are guys !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Add the Access bars to your routine - eat one 15 minutes before doing any exercise: vacuuming :), walking the dog, going to the gym.. you will be amazed at the results!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Thanks for all the responses. I ordered the shapeups and take heed to the other advice given.
    icecoffee74

Comment by icecoffee74 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2011