Should she complain about how she was treated?

So my grandma went to the hospital last weekend. She lost her hearing in one ear and her right side went numb. My grandpa and uncle had to lift her to go to the bathroom and the third time they decided to call 911. When they got to my grandma's house there was 6 of them in her room( the fire house is down the street so they bring the ambulance and the fire truck at the same time). They kept asking her all sorts of question which she didn't mind except the room started spinning and she had a hard time to answer them then they kept asking her to get up and walk to the ambulance! She tried to tell them she could not get up! They kept pushing her to get up and when she stood up she says the next thing she remembers is that she was on the floor vomiting she blacked out afterwards! Is this really how they are suppose to treat someone?! I mean her house is single level and the hallway is wide why didn't they bring in a stretcher to take her to the ambulance?! Do you think she should make a complaint? She is a little better now she has to walk with a walker and she still gets dizzy when she stands up. Her hearing may never come back in one ear. Her doctor is unsure what happen to her and they want her to see a specialist a month from now.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 5:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• yeah i would definitely make a complaint about this. Them trying to get her to walk is ridiculous in any capacity. She could have been hurt more than she was. I would would definitely push for some answers and at least an apology out of this. It makes me so angry to hear about stuff like this
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i would make a complaint
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yes she should file a complaint - that's ridiculous that they treated her that way.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 5:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'm suprised it took so long for them to call 911...sounds like she had a stroke?

I'm not suprised they attempted to get her to walk but I am suprised they weren't adequately supporting her to make sure she didn't fall. I don't know if complaining would do much good since it doesn't sound like she was permanently hurt or anything. The questions are also routine to get info and to assess her mental functioning.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I live down the street and I feel like walking over there and giving them a peace of my mind!

angry

momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Talk to the commander! He is the one in charge!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It might be policy to try and get someone to try and walk. What was your grandfather or uncle saying? Did they explain what was going on or just stand back and not speak up for your grandma. I would look into what the policy was and ask what went on from both your grandfather and your uncle before filing a complaint.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• They did explain what was going on and she could not walk. I already talked with my grandpa and uncle about it. My grandpa was unsure if that was suppose to happen or not. My uncle doesn't make a big deal about it.
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• She wouldn't let them until she could not speak well anymore. She is very stubborn. They say she didn't have a stroke but they are unsure what happened for the first part the doctor's didn't believe her! My grandma never got this sick before and that was the first time she has been to the ER!
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2011