When will the RD war die down?

When the current set of people tired of the way the "regular group" treats everyone who disagrees with them is mocked enough to walk away.

I keep reading how it comes in waves. To avoid the section until this wave is over.

I went through old questions. The waves exist because of the "regular group" mocking anyone who stands up for themselves or their beliefs....Christian or not. The wave will be over when the other cheek is turned by the ones tired of the "regular group" behavior.

The proof is in the pudding folks. Fight the good fight, but prepare to be bullied out the door.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in About CafeMom

• This is what is wrong in the Religion section. I respect ALL religions, as well as pagans, atheists etc. I was raised a Christian and taught you RESPECT not JUDGE others! I purposely stay away from the religion debate section because I see alot of hypicritical statements. Not a loving group of moms that want to reach out with an open mind to try and help others.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• 'the regular group' knows how to engage in differences of opinion, even get a little fiesty with each other, yet still can engage in differences of opinion. kwim??
    the kitchen isn't always overheated..the burners are on, but 'the regular group' knows how to cook. :)) what, you want it to be another C4C section?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• What war is this - the one where someone comes in using all caps and tells everyone they are going to hell if they don't convert? The one where someone says people who don't teach their children to be Christian even if they aren't, are condemning their children to Hell? The one where people get mad that not everyone hates gays? Could you point out one instance where someone was being "mocked" without first (in that question or as a long standing, reptuational habit) trying to force their belief on others? If you don't want to answer questions about religion - don't read them. There are plenty of other Christians here who don't seem to have the same problem you do - they start as many questions as they answer. Or are you including Christians who disagree with you as your "enemy" too?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• SIGH....... Are you the one thinking Christians are being bashed because you are criticized?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Detach, and you'll hang a lot longer.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Honey, as long as there has been and as long as there is Religion and Religious Differences there will be Religious Debates, Drama and "War." It's simply a fact of life, it's not new, and it's not ending any time soon.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• love how you say "reguar group" like it's a plague of people
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• What do you consider "mocking", OP? Sure, it happens sometimes, but it's to be expected. Sometimes, outrageous statements are made that beg to be noticed. If you are in the habit of making outrageous statements, then you will feel mocked quite a bit. For example, calling out the "regular people" for their sadly inhumane treatment of all other posters deserves some attention. Who are these "regular people"? I see quite a few "regulars" here, and some share a set of beliefs, many don't. Is it like high school, with the jocks, the burnouts, the geeks and the loners? I wonder which group I'm in. . . I hope the cool regular kids like me this year. . . will they notice my new haircut?  My stylish shoes?  That I don't have a lisp anymore?  High school The RD Section is so stressful!

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It will end when everyone comes to the conclusion that ---------- (fill in blank) is right and everything else is wrong. That being.. ummm never. if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. i like having my beliefs challenged. it lets me know that I am on the right path for me. This section never fails to disappoint. But in the event you are not me and don't like having to defend your beliefs or are afraid to consider anything else, then you don't have to visit this section. Cafemom still has a lot to offer.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• No it wont die down, there is no many people that criticize others beliefs instead of accepting them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011