Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Where do I go TODAY

if I think I might hurt my child? He's safely with his Dad right now but I'm severely depressed it's a Saturday so everywhere is closed.

I know if your suicidal you go to the ER but would you go for this too?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Go to the ER or call a hotline.

    Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

  • You can, but they are facilitiesand hotlines just for that in some areas.
    Here are other resources with information on depression and how to reduce the effect of a parent's depression on children:
    • The American Psychological Assn. offers good information on depression, plus therapist referrals.
    • Families for Depression Awareness is a nonprofit education, support and advocacy group that helps families battling depression.
    • The nonprofit group Postpartum Support International offers facts, local resources and support groups.
    • A website from Tarzana therapist Diana Barnes, with resources, groups and classes.
    • A clearinghouse for depression support groups funded by the L.A. County Department of Mental Health and private donations.
    National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD

    Answer by Tink05215 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

  • You can also do a Google search for hotlines in your state....
    For example... If you live in New York, you just type "Child Abuse Hotline in New York"
    Good Luck and please message if you need someone to talk to you.

    Answer by Tink05215 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

  • i hope that you can find some place to get some help for this. It's a scary subject one that i am glad that you are reaching out for and getting help for. i hope you find what you are looking for

    Answer by amberpaiz at 6:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

  • I hope you find the help you need to get better. You admitted a problem which is a good thing so now would be to get the help you need before your daughter comes back home. Write anytime.

    Answer by momindiana at 6:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.