Backpacks, anyone got their kids one yet?

Last year I got dd a backpack from the childrens place, it was great! It had a little pocket on the front to put in her lunch kit(bought the matching one) and it had a clip to secure it in. I loved this feature, as I could just put it in, clip it and she still had all the room in the actual backpack for school stuff.
This years ones they have out at TCP I looked at, and the pocket is not there! Just a regular zippered pocket, which isnt big enough to fit the matching lunch kits. They are also more flimsy feeling this year, compared to last years. Totaly bummed! I know the gap had the hooks on theirs, but they just hung off the front, no pocket.

Guess that part was more of a rant, but anyhow, does anyone have their kids backpack yet?

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No not yet. I usually get those last.

Answer by gemgem at 5:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yeah i have not gotten my kids their backpacks yet. but i have noticed over the years that they have gotten cheaper
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Mine still have theirs from last year and they are in good shape still so thats what they will be using, I got them from wal-mart and they are holding up really well.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• DS got a Jansport when he started K so he is still using the same one in 2nd grade this year and every year after!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My kids will use the same ones they did last school year. They always break them somehow either because they have to much stuff in them or are too rough with the zipper, etc...they have the rolling kind and those are pretty sturdy.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Im waiting on dd's to come in right now its an l.l.bean one ! btw pottery barn kids has some nice ones with matching lunch boxes and clips on the front to hold the lunch box or you could even by a latch your self to hook to the handel

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I bought jansport back packs last year there using them this year they are sturdy and still in great shape
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We dont buy our until the end of august, but I suggest going thru PotteryBarn Kids... the have the pocket and personalize also for free
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011