How old was your LO before you took them to the movies?

My DD is 2 1/2, and taking her to see Cars 2 tonight.
I'm super excited, hopefully everything will go okay.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• DS was good at 20 months old to see curious George. He had popcorn and an icee and was good to go. DD is 3.5 and STILL can NOT sit through a movie... we try every so often at the dollar theater... I guess it depends on the kid! lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My son will sit through everything. The last time we took Bella, she was running everywhere but she's flames a bit. We are taking them to see cars tonight, I hope se sits through it. My kids are 2 and 3
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 5:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Maybe 4? I don't really remember. But DD is very bad about being able to sit still and keep quiet. Even now (she is 9) I have to remind her to sit. She's always on the move and can't keep quiet for anything!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• He was about 1 1/2 when we took him the first time and he was so noisy that we had to leave. As we were leaving someone was saying "I wish they would shut that child up"! Haha I was so pissed but on the other hand I see why they were annoyed :) I don't know how he would do now.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my youngest was one but he slept most of the time in the stroller. but they do pretty good in the theatre. Have fun and enjoy!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My son was 3 1/2. We took him to see Hercules. (The Disney cartoon.) He was terrified when the lights went down, but was ok once the movie started. Thankfully it was a children's movie, so no one thought twice of us hushing and comforting him until the movie started. I think it's best to start younger kids with children's movies, to acclimate them to the environmental. I've known people who take their very young (younger than 2!) children to movies meant for adults, and then got attitude when the people around them got mad because their kid screamed and cried the whole time. HELLO? They paid $10 a ticket to watch a movie, not listen to you yell at your terrified kid, you know? lol.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my daughter was 3 when we took her to the movies. she wanted to go and did very well.
    mamaof3muchkins

Answer by mamaof3muchkins at 7:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2011