Question for Stay-at-Home Moms

How are you keeping up with your former career? Or are you going to school for a new career? Or are you planning to never work?

Asked by rkoloms at 6:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• right now it's not in the cards for me to get a job outside the home. i have to manu things going on with my kids tht needs my constant attention.Maybe when they get a little older and things slow down. I would love to go back to school
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I will be finishing school when my kids get a bit older, and I will be going back to work too. So I guess you could say I will be starting a new one because I don't plan on working for minimum wage the rest of my life unless I have to.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh lord, I wish I had a job! I'm tired of the four walls and my kids!!! I just finished college. I didn't work my last semester because I was focusing on finishing. Now, I'm a stay at home mom. I got my BA cuz I want to get started in a good career and start making $$$$$! I need to feel secure in the fact that I can take care of my kiddos independently if I have to. I also would just love having the double income and being able to build up financial viability! So, career, here I come!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Well by definition as a stay home mom.....I am not trying to keep up with anything except my children, I would would have to take time away from the kids to go to school so that is out, and all the work I do is home with the kids. I would like a nap not an outside job.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• oh wow, that sounded weird...im not tired of my kids...i just mean the isolation and it being just us most of the time...we need to get out more!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I wanted to start working after my kids started school but I need to find a job now
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I've already did the career thing. My income was always secondary, and not needed. I worked because I wanted to. My husband and I are quite content with me being a housewife. :) My son is 16, and will be going off to college in the next two years, so I'm trying to get myself acclimated to my soon to be "new" title. :)
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I haven't worked i about 33 years! and have no intentions of doing so now!

Answer by older at 6:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I do a little free- lance design and illustration work....just enough to keep my hand in.

I plan on doing more when the kids are older, but this little bit is good for now.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I never had a carreer,I recently went back to work after 10 years,my DH is home with our son during my work hours.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 8:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011