Child support question

See my ex has recently gotten married to a woman who has 2 children, she is also pregnant now. Me and my ex have 1 child together, she is 9. I used to work as a teacher but when I had my second child (which was the first with my DH) we decided it would be best for me to stay at home. My DH makes a great income and we are doing well, and have 2 children together plus my DD and we are trying for another. We have not gone back to redo the child support because I stopped working or when we had more children because we felt like those were choices we made, my ex shouldn't pay more for either reason. Well now I get a call from my ex saying he wants to redo child support because he is having another child!!!!! Really, if we do that more then likely, my ex will end up paying MORE because we have had 2, he has only had 1 (his step kids don't count for this) plus I don't work anymore and child support is based off of me making almost what he does, plus I am sure in the past almost 8 years, he has gotten raises. His new wife seems to feel that now that he is taking care of her kids, he shouldn't help take care of our's.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• well if he wants to go back to court and pay more do it.. Then when he gets pissed.. just tell him, you were being nice and decided to take it back to courts since he wanted to lol
    Anonymous

• If he wants to be dumb and greedy, let him take it back to court. He'll end up screwing himself. You were a good person, and have let him get away with not paying his fair share for his children for this long. I think it's terrible when parents decide to move on from the children they have, in favor of playing house with their "new family". I find those types to be the most selfish beings on the planet.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• you 2 children with you current dh shouldn't come into play and as far as I know, his kids with his new wife may not play a factor in it either.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• it really depends on what the court in your state says
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• lol- If the child support hasnt been re evaluated in 8 yrs he is going to be surprised. Sometimes you have to wonder who is giving these people information. My husbands x wanted to go off whole house income my income and his-cant do that. And its for the kids you and your x had together nothing more and nothing less. Good luck -I hope it works out for all of you.
    cluemein

Answer by cluemein at 6:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• See if your state has a child support calculator on their website - most do. This way you can calculate how much it would change by and show him that it may increase.

BTW I think you're super awesome.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 6:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Mrs.MWF, in our state, if they count his children with his new wife to lower the child support, they will count mine with my DH to raise it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• So, essentially they will make your ex pay for someone else's child? Never heard of that...interesting...
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• If he wants to be stupid and go back to court then let him.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Good luck to him! They will NOT cut down your support because he's having another child. I promise you that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011