Can we please get a ban?!!!

can we please stop with all the stupid prego questions???!! they are driving me nuts and seriuosly making me want to leave cafemom. they are becoming more ridiculous and out of control and far to frequent for my liking!! Anyone else feel this way?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 6:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Anon-there are pregnancy hotlines those women can call if they aren't sure whether they are pregnant or not. Unless a mom who's an OB/GYN or a nurse or doctor who happens to be reading and answering these questions, we aren't the best qualified to answer anyways. As far as the "If you dont like a question dont read it mentality?" that's a good point but you shouldn't have to weed through prego after prego after prego question. There's a book called "what to expect when you're execting" that you can borrow from the library if you need to know some of this info.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 6:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I think we just need a section for them or a banner that opens up if you use the words Am I,Could I be,pregnant,etc that refers you to this section
    99 times out of a hundred all they have to do is take a test or call their doc. No need to ask us. How would we know??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I know what you mean. It's irritating. I don't understand it. Take a test. Describing sypmtoms online is a waste of time at best.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• All you have to do is pass them by........

Answer by older at 6:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Instead of a ban maybe you just don't click on them really you want to ban someone for asking a question what will be the next topic you don't like and want to get rid of if we all picked one there would be no point to cafe mom GET OVER IT
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 7:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• there are only so many ways of finding out you are pregnant, asking a question over the internet is not one of those ways. i feel they are a big waste of time also, which is why i avoid them like the plague.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• people make profiles just to post the questions.. i view their profile every time i see one and 9 times out of 10 its a newly made profile
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would just love to see the pregnancy section taken out of the list like the crazy for credits one is. I'm so sick of hearing from people who can't even take a stupid pregnancy test. Really, if you can't figure out the pictures (+) and (-) do you really think you should be reproducing?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I feel the same way.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 6:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

•  

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Seriously can you not sympathise at all with someone questioning whether or not they are pregnant? I am not talking about the obvious troll questions, but honest to god worried women that need some insight. It can be a very stressful thing trying to figure it out. Our bodies are complex and weird things can happen. Plus women can be scared or hormonal and just needing someone to lean on. Maybe you are lucky and never experienced and uncertainty, but that is not the case for all women.

I don't much like those questions either and I get sick of them too. But the only real solution is you don't like their question, don't answer it and move on to another.

Anonymous