My little girl has alot of food allergies. what kind of things can we fix?

my little girl we just found out has allergies to eggs, all dairy, soy,nuts,peanut oil, shell fish,tree nuts, Can anyone give us some idea's or recipe's?

blessedwkrysta

Asked by blessedwkrysta at 7:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Lots of fruits and veggies! You can use rice milk as a milk alternative in most recipes. Silken tofu and bananas can replace eggs in some baking they also make a egg relapcer called ener-egg (?) A friend of mine uses it I don't remember the name...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My son has food allergies as well, his doctor told me to go to http://www.foodallergy.org/ they have lots of recipes and you can choose what foods need to be left out. I would look into a few different vegan sites for ideas as well. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 7:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• for dariy switch to lastose milk and can use for baking and tastes the same as reg. milk, try a dietation and see what they might be able to recommand as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 8:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Try cookingallergyfree.com. I love that site! My son is allergic to milk, soy, wheat, peanuts, eggs, bananas, & chicken. They have some great stuff there.

And do not use lactose milk! If your child has an allergy to dairy then they are allergic to the protein in milk, not the lactose! If lactose were the issue it would be a lactose intolerance.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 11:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Rice milk. EnergG egg replacer. Rice flour. Go back to the basics: meat, fruit vegetables. We use rice cakes or corn tortillas instead of bread. I've been able to sustitute rice flour and the egg replacer in recipes.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• momindiana - not only is your advice wrong, it's completely dangerous. Please don't give advice on food allergies if you have no experience with it. This is a child's life we're talking about here.

My son is also FA, and foodallergy.org is a terrific resource. So is kfa.org. I think that's it...Google the organization "Kids With Food Allergies". They're on FB too and offer tons of recipes and substitutions. I know it's overwhelming, but there is an entire community out there with experience and advice to help you! :)
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 1:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Make your own breads, etc.... but when baking, for the eggs, substitute 1 1/2 tsp. corn starch or potato starch with 3 TBS. water to equal one egg in all of your recipes.... use water instead of milk in recipes, or rice milk if she isn't allergic to that... You can also use applesauce in baking to replace the oil, so that there is no chance of getting oil that is processed with nuts, or soy.... Since tofu is a derivative of soy, I highly recommend not using that to replace your eggs... especially if she is allergic to it. Watch all of your cereals etc. I would start making my own if I were you so that I knew that there was nothing in them... LABEL WATCH like crazy! Also, on your vitamins... a lot of companies use shellfish for their calcium sources, so keep an eye on your kid's vitamins too... I would cook with olive oil, not butter.... or even use cooking wine instead like I do... I wish you the best of luck. Hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• im lost
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2011