Sleepover Bedtime? PIO Section:)

Quick question Mama's, I have eleven year old twin girls who are having a friend stay the weekend with them. What time is reasonable to say Lights Out? I told them good night about 10:15 last light but am wondering how other mama's would have handled it. Would about 10:00 be okay for tonight also or should I let them just crash when they want since they're not causing any trouble or anything? I go to bed around 11:30 and would feel weird going to bed if they're still awake but I do trust them. If your kids were at my house what time would you expect them to be put to bed?

Luuckymommy

Asked by Luuckymommy at 7:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think 10 is reasonable to say lights/out, but of course doesn't mean they will be asleep, but if they are talking quietly I don't see an issue.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We just let them do their thing. Some kids will want to go to bed before others but we don't have a set bedtime. That's part of the fun of a sleepover!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 7:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'd say lights out/quiet by 10
    Whether they sleep or not is another matter...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i guess it depends on your comfortablility and the other parents. i would have no problem with them going to bed at ten. it is summer and like you said they were being good. and they are eleven and you are going to bed after them. the only thing that i would be nervous about is you heading to bed before them. I would want to know they were in abed if you have gone to bed for the night.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Mine is 11 and had frequent sleepovers now that its summer. I usually let them stay up as long as they want. If they are still up by midnight, I tell them they they can stay up and talk but they have to sit in bed and quietly do it. They usually crash soon after. It might make a difference that I'm a night owl and up late too though.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yeah even though I trust them they will be in bed before me for sure. I wouldn't sleep with them up even if I wanted to ha-ha.
    Luuckymommy

Comment by Luuckymommy (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'd let them stay up as late as they wanted. It's a sleepover, it's summer time, they're not bothering anyone.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would let them stay up until they crash...as long as one adult in the house was also awake...
    Mom_to_Skyler

Answer by Mom_to_Skyler at 7:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011