How do you start a blog diary?

i have always wanted to start blogging like the people that i read about it looks so fascinating but i just don't really know how to start and how to advertise that i am doing it. i want it to be kinda general in the sense that it won't have a set theme just whatever i feel like writing about. So any pointers on how to get this thing up and going would be wonderful. thanks!!

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 7:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I blog (one is a personal, the other is a food blog). I like doing blog hops - some have questions, some have themes and then I blog about random things like tv shows, army life (dh is in the army), my kids, my cat, music, etc. It's slow at first but then you just kind of get the hang of it. Blog hopping also helps you to get a "fan base" so to speak. :)

I would suggest using Wordpress though. I'm on Blogger and it's awful. There are so many issues going on right now. Sometimes it won't even let you post.

If you want to check out mine: http://schmoomommy.blogspot.com/
    I have a tab for linky parties (bloghops) and under stuff I like tab (I think that's what it's called) I have a bunch of favorite blogs listed. You can look at them and get ideas or a creative jumpstart to blogging :) Hope that helps some!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 7:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I actually have Blogger and I have no problems with it at all. I really like it. I have never tried WordPress so that may be better but I think blogging is fun. Mine is www.blog.littlemissfrugal.com if you want to see. Its still new! Blogs are normally searchable through a search engine so a lot of people can find you that way. Or, you could post your blog site on your webpage if you have one, FB, Twitter account, or even this site.
    1LuckyMama33

Answer by 1LuckyMama33 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• thank you for the info i will start with this and see how that goes
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• ok i tried to start one on blogpost and i am not sure how it actually works. when i signed up it had me make a "title" for my blogs. Does this mean that will be the title for all my blogs? and how do i advertise the blogs? do i just tell people the address? thank you for all your help!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I like blogger, I have a blast with guinea-pig-stars.blogspot.com.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011