1 month old giving rice ceral?

My one month is eating non-stop. I tried to talk to her doctor about it and her doctor told that it would help if i mixed the formula & breast milk in the same bottle. I tried that, i tried doing it sepearate.
She's eating about 6-7 ounces at a time. Every 2 hours, and not sleeping well. I dont have her next doctors visit till the 24th.

Do you think thts to early? I dont know what else to do, at her two week visit she had gained a good bit of weight. She was born weighing 7 pounds 10 ounces, at her two week visit she weighted 8 pounds,2 ounces.

And she doesnt really spit it bback up or anything like that.

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes its WAY too early.. u want ur baby to have stomach probless? go for it... doesnt matter if she doesnt spit up milk.. cereal is different and heavier. Give the kid more formula.. feed her more formula in a day then u do breast milk.. my son was like that
    Anonymous

• i'd wait until you talk to a doctor. Babies bellies are too little to digest cereal at that age. Its ok that she eats every 2hrs, and try just giving her 4-6 ozs and burp her really good, sometimes babies just eat more even though they arent hungry.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Way too early, and it 6-7 ounces is way too much for a month old baby!! That is way overfeeding!!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Hell no on giving that stuff to your baby! The baby is only 1 month! Increase the milk by 1-2 oz to see if that helps
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It is VERY early to be offering food.. most doctors recommend 4-6 months. every 2-4 hours at one month sounds par for the course to me... After about 2-4 months you can use the rule of thumb saying 1.5-2.5 oz per pound of body weight each day so for an 15 pound baby that is 38 oz a day. Of course it will be more during a growth
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh I didnt even think about the growth spurts, and one does occur right between 1-2 months so feed her when she is hungry, she does need it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Definitely wait... I talked to my doctor about doing that 3 months and she recommended waiting at least one more month!
    1LuckyMama33

Answer by 1LuckyMama33 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my doctor told me feed her if shes hungry and not spitting up. She's always eat this much, we've been to the doctor twice for it. She started rolling on her side at 5 days, then when she was a week old she can roll on her stomach. She's so active , I think shes like a super baby.... lol

She is never satisifed with the milk. I feel so bad, shes never full
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• you can put a spoonfull of rice ceral in her bottle at the most and see if that helps. btw it will not hurt her if you put it in her bottle there just trying to scare you!
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• And also i gave it to my daughter at about 2 months old in her bottle and she is fine and it helped alot because she was spitting it up all the time when she started formula.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 9:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2011