Have you ever regifted?

What are your opinions on regifting?

cldetary

Asked by cldetary at 8:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• "Regifting can be a win-win situation if you put some thought into it.Don't just pawn something off because you want to get rid of it." You may regift guilt-free if the person you're regifting to will truly enjoy the item, and if the person who gave you the gift isn't even remotely acquainted with the new recipient (and therefore will never spot the cake plate at a potluck). Don't regift if the item doesn't look brand-new, if its box is damaged or shows signs of already being opened, or if the gift is one-of-a-kind. Is it ok to regift... YES
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I do not see a problem with regifting at all, but I know others are against it... so I thought I would ask this question. IMO: if I am not going to use it, why not give it to someone who would?
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 8:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i dont see a problem witht hat... its true wonder if u get like 3 of the same things and donthave the recites then give it to someone who can use it
    Anonymous

• I agree. If I won't use it, let someone else have it who will. I give some things to charity, but some things I pass along to my family.

Answer by Bmat at 9:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i only regift if i know the person i got the gift from & the person im regiving don't know eachother well enough for me to get in trouble. most of the time im regifting those cheap body wash sets...ya know the kind you buy at the last minute cause you cant think of anything else to get the person haha. i save them for secret sister/santa parties.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• haha yah, I regifted to my step-dad last Christmas (07) what he gave me the year before for Christmas(06). hehehehe He didn't remember he had given it to me lol
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I wouldn't. That is tacky in my opinion.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I haven't, but that's cause I usually like my presents. I guess if I got something I didn't like or wouldn't use and knew someone else that would use it, I'd just give it to them. I doubt I'd wrap it up and pretend I bought it "just for them"
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I do it all the time. I have a plastic bin that I keep all the gifts I wont use, didnt like in it, and when it is birthday or something for someone, Usually there is something in there I can give. I put a litte sticky note on it as to who gave it to me, so I dont give it back to that person. I do the same for gifts hubby gets too. Only once have we actually taken a gift back to the store, that someone had bought us. It was just too big an item to keep and give away, so we took it back, in hopes that we'd get a recliner or something with that money, and never did.
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 12:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2008