Grrrr....

I just kind of needed a place to vent, so I figured I could here... I am intensely disliking my mother at the moment .... She has been visiting me for the past week and a half, and I am about to go crazy.... It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't complain about every little thing or find something wrong with everything... I would love to be friends with my mother, but I feel as though she looks at me like I am some miscreant because I haven't gone to church, I have the occasional drink (I have never even gotten drunk in my whole life...), and I have friends who have different religious views than she does... She goes to all of my friends and sits and talks like she has been this wonderful mother to me, when in fact she completely zoned out for the longest time, I took over cooking and cleaning in the house for my younger siblings... and when she finally did tune in to us again, she said and did horribly mean things to us all that have taken me years to get over, and my sister still won't even talk to her... She is saying things that I know were wrong about my father because I was there when they happened, and I am just going crazy here.... I have four more days to endure this, and I am getting extremely stressed out.... I really just want to tell her off, but I don't want my children to see that and take on my issues with her. I hate that when people do that, say things about someone else and the kids develop issues with those people even though it was never their issue to start with.... anyways, I feel a little bit better now....

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 7:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• i hope that things calm down and get better for you. At least you can take comfort in knowing that you came on here to vent rather than blowing up at her like you said and having the kids see it. And maybe you can figure out how to approach her in a positive way that will sovle the problem.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thanks.... I hope so....
    momof2redhedz

Comment by momof2redhedz (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011