Any ideas

ok so im past my due date by 2 days and everyone keeps asking me '' have you had bubz yet? is bubz here?'' and i just can't relax with them asking and i no its normal to go past due date and its frustrating me that they ask everyday what can i do to relax myself??

izzy2010

Asked by izzy2010 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Quit answering the phone and take some time to yourself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Easiest is to sever access to these folks: don't answer phone, email, FB, texts...
    ;- /

Sometimes we tell moms to tell others a later due date/month.
    Or if it's too late for that, say hte doctor/midwife changed it (even at the end) and now baby isn't due for another 2 weeks.

You and I know that a due date is just the mid-point within the average (estimated) due period (38-42 weeks). So expecting baby that day may be unreasonable. We are due for a month, not everyone else will get that.

You might have your baby tonight or in a few weeks... Can be hard to explain that to some folks.

Best wishes!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• thanks that really helps
    izzy2010

Comment by izzy2010 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• When people said stuff like that to me I would just say "do I look like I had my baby yet". I went a week over with my daughter and it was very frustrating when people kept asking. I felt miserable enough as it was without everyone bringing it up that I still hadnt had her yet. I just ignored everyone after awhile. I mean seriously if you had the baby they would know. You'd announce it or if they saw you they would know.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• No prob, best wishes!!
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• just to let you know i have had bubs on 6.7.11 git induced but the thing was she was not overdue yay and she was 7pounds nice and healthy and her name is Nataliah Ataahua Bailey

thanks for all of your help
    izzy2010

Comment by izzy2010 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011