CAN A FATHER GET JOINT CUSTODY WITH NOT HAVING A JOB?

We will be going to court soon to establish some sort of custody for my child,and I was curious to know if her father can get joint custody without having a job or any means of income?? Or if he will just get her every other weekend ?!

lvsbngamom

Asked by lvsbngamom at 8:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• He can get joint custody. Custody is different than visitation.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It all depends what he fights for and how fit he would be as a parent, and home he could provide. All of this would be in comparison to what you have to offer as well.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would think he could. It is possible for a mother to than I would think a father would be able to as well.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I do not know that. I am a stay at home mom for that last 10years and going through a divorce and husband wants full custody of our three girls. Write and maybe we can help each other out some how. I just hope that just being a stay a home mom that he does not get them just cause he works.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• joint custody does not mean the same as visitation. they can have the same legal rights its just the way of saying you are raising the child in separate homes and he can possibly have a say in the childs education, healthcare ect. you might want to check with the lawyer. also it can also mean i think he doesn;t just get every other weekend.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would think so.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2011