Did anyone drive out of state to get illegal

FIREWORKS!?

Do you watch the local firework display offered in your state or do you drive to another state to get fireworks that are illegal in your state?

geminisummerz

Asked by geminisummerz at 8:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We have extreme fire danger where I live, so I wouldn't go buy illegal ones. They are not worth the risk of starting a wildfire.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Nope. It is legal here and there is a stand right down the street. I don't think I am going to get any this year. I would rather go shopping tomorrow instead.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Now why would I do something as stupid as that?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• no
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• nah not really...it's weird but i don't really do the firework thing...haven't caught a fireworks show in a good while
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Nope, they are legal here, there are firework stores in every empty building around here. But I don't have the money this year, we are just going to see our local fireworks
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Nope but last year I bought $150 worth of fireworks in Georgia where I worked which had a height restriction on their fireworks, but I lived in a state that didn't. Needless to say I was disappointed when the fireworks I bought were nothing but glorified sparklers. The fireworks tent was across the street from my work and it was convenient and it was a church selling them so it wasn't a total loss. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Used to when I lived in CO when I was in HS, the Wyoming boarder wasn't too far and they had firework stands like crazy right across it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• No, and I think people that do that are @**holes. We had 3 neighbors last night lighting off illegal fireworks in our neighborhood (which is densely populated). Sparks were flying in our trees and bushes and a few sparks landed on our next door neighbor's roof.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011