Four yr old not getting her way

I am having a hard time with my four yr old, if I tell het no when she wants some something some automatically, calls, my dad (yes she dials herself) they go against my wishes. I say thimother is rude. I am her mother, not them they are the GRANDPARENTS AND IT IS CAUSING HER TO ACT OUT..... NEED ADVICE.. I'VE TRIED TALKING TO THEM.

Blakesgirl31

Asked by Blakesgirl31 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow! I would be so damn pissed if my parents went against my wishes. Have a talk with them and tell them to stop under-mining your demands for your kid!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i would not allow the use of the phone. my 4 year old likes to act out to but instead of all that i start taking things away that she enjoys such as tv, outside playtime, and coloring time. Stick to time outs a minute for whatever age they are hope this helps!!
    noegirl14

Answer by noegirl14 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Why do you allow her to have access to the phone. You have to gain control.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Put the phone where she cant get to it. If you dont nip this in the bud now, it will only get worse. Explain to her that she is not always going to get everything that she wants. And tell her that you dont always get what you want. Tell her that you want a cooperative daughter and since she is not complying then she should pause and consider your point. My daughter is also 4 and she already knows not to expect everything she wants from me. For one thing, I cant afford it. And another is its not always convenient.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011