10 months old refusing her bottle of formula

My 10 mths old baby girl suddenly refused her bottle of formula. It started this week. She would normally have 5 feedings of 4-5 oz daily and she eats solid twice a day. She has always been petite and only weighs 15.5 lbs (she is in the 5th percentile). Since wednesday she started refusing the bottle, pushing the bottle away. We cant even get her to open her mouth. For the last 4 days she drank only 4 oz per day. I tried to give her the milk in the sippy cup but she refuses. I am giving spoons of water throughout the day so that she does not get dehydrated. we bought pedialytes as well. we called the doctor too. she is acting normal, and does not look sick at all. she will accept her solid food. she drinks similac alimentum as she is lactose intolerant..but i just started giving her yogurt yesterday because she is not drinking anything and she did not have adverse reaction to the yogurt. i tried putting baby orajel on her gums but it did not help at all..she had 2 teeth at the bottom..i don't know if it is teething but it seems to be going on forever and i am so stressed out by this..most of all i am concerned she will get dehydrated. please let me know if you have encountered the same problems and what did you do? thank you.

rah20

Asked by rah20 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried giving her juice? or try giving her milk to see if she would take any of those because my only guess is that she just tired of the formula.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 9:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• babies tend to out grow the formula....since she lactose intolerant....try soy milk...i have a daughter that is lactose intolerate and she drinks this. try to give more varies of drinks...juices, soy milk, pedialyte.... if she still need the formula bc of her being small...give her a bit of pedasure.....good luck
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Also if you are concerned about not getting the nutrients that are in formula there is an otc vitamin my pedi had us use when my son just wasn't gaining weight. It's made by enfamil and called poly-vi-sol.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 11:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• at 10 months she can have 15 oz a day and be fine, i would up her food and keep pushing with the bottle. i had this problem last week when my 11 month old was sick and what worked for him was to take him out of his normal environment and he took his bottle. we went over to my sisters house and after almost 12 hours of refusing any type of bottle/cup he took it. good luck!
    angela.bouchard

Answer by angela.bouchard at 2:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2011