Quick question

So my husband has a job interview and if he gets the job he would be making 800 to 900 dollars a week so a total of over a 1000 over not only what he makes a month but also what i make on unemployment........

So my question is if you were on unemployment and haven't been able to find a job in nearly two years would you be a stay at home mom or would you go back to work (this new job would give us 900 dollars a month of safe money)

krissii

Asked by krissii at 9:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• If you can stay home with your kids, do it.
    I hear a lot of sahm's that complain that they feel like they are stuck in the house all the time. I know that's how I felt when my kids were little and I stayed home with them. But damn, if I only knew then what I know now.
    I WISH I still had the ability to stay home with my kids. I wish I didn't have to work.
    It would be so nice to be able to be there for them when they come home from school.
    Help them with their homework. Get them an afterschool snack.
    My mom is usually the one who does this, because I work until 11:30 pm on the days when I have to close the store.
    It's simple, really: if you can stay at home, do it.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It depends on the age of my children and what I really wanted to do. Maybe you could go back to school and do something you really enjoy? There's really not enough info here to give great advice.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• There is much more information necessary to make this decision.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• if i was able to stay at home, i would
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would go to work until I had the baby.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'd be a sahm if I could.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We have a nine month old and a baby on the way in november to put them in daycare would be the extra 900 a month if not more
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i've had three interviews and each place has told me to return after november when the baby was born one even went so far as saying there's no point in training me before my maternity leave......i wouldn't be taking leave till the last week of october and i have been constantly searching since september of 2009
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• that should be three interviews in june
    krissii

• Unemployment is meant to be a temporary thing until you are able to find another job. It is not paid maternity leave. Again, it is temporary until you find another job. Otherwise, it is technically stealing. If you want to be a SAHM, then you should stop collecting unemployment.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2011