Do your kids like fireworks?

Gotta love 4th of July weekend...
Two of my neighbors, plus one house in the distance, have been setting off fireworks for well over an hour (not all at once, but it's like they're taking turns)

Sophia (3) is scared. Crying. She loved them last year, but today, she's been sick, and she's exhausted... but she can't sleep with the noise.

Paul (3) is fascinated with them.

Rowan (7) thought they were pretty cool for the first 10 minutes, then told me, "I wish they'd just stop!"

..and my baby, Lucy... she is NOT happy.

MommyCatalina

Asked by MommyCatalina at 9:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids do love them. My middle son was born on the 4th of July...so naturally he LOVES them. When we watch them he says the green ones are just for him. It is too cute. The other two boys love them too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• love them
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Only one does. I have all the kids who are afraid of fireworks at my house right now. Our town has their big show tonight. I keep all the ones who do not like them with me so all my friends can go with their kids who do like them. DH takes our one who likes fireworks to the show. Most of these kids like the small ones the neighbors set off. They are just scared of the big ones.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• DS is 4 and he's always loved fireworks. He's excited for the 4th.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yes
    3lilANGELS236

Answer by 3lilANGELS236 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i have a 4 month old and a 19 month old and they saw them for the first time tonight and they loved them
    price85

Answer by price85 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• They love them. They are 11, 9, 8 and 5. A couple of the neighbors have been setting them off so they keep running outside to watch.
    Now sure how the baby will react. It's his first 4th of July (he'll be 1 in a couple weeks). I have a feeling he won't be too keen on them but we're going to go watch them on Monday. He'll survive.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2011