Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UnLicensed daycare provider in Minnesota please help

i am not a licensed daycare provider and a friend of mine just asked if I would do daycare for her. She gets county assistance though and I am just wondering how that works with taxes. Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by mommyofone15 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 11 (576 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You have to be licensed to work with government assistance - at least in this area.

    Answer by scout_mom at 9:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

  • Not in Minnesota or at least stearns county. Are you from Minnesota?

    Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

  • Where I live you also have to be licensed to work with government assistance. If you do not need to be there should be a form I would think for her to fill out stating you are the childcare provider and perhaps something for you to fill out so they can send you the money. Here you get a check monthly and it is always a month behind.

    Answer by JamieLK at 11:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.