Baby is 7 weeks i stopped bleeding almost 2 weeks ago but i started today what seems to be my period...possible?

i thought your period was goign to stay far far away as long as your breastfeeding... :(

Lila108

Asked by Lila108 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Unfortunately, that's not a given. I got mine at 5 weeks post-partum, and have had a period every month since (baby is 2 years old now). I was never regular before this baby, and then this, despite exclusive breastfeeding for the first 7.5 months. Talk about being disillusioned. :(
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It is possible. I bled for 5 and a half weeks with my first and 6 weeks with my second. Both times I started my period a week later :( I breastfed as well and wasn't one of the lucky ladies who didn't have a period during that time.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2011