Is this normal after c section?

I had an emergency c section a month and a half ago. i still have not yet gotten my first period since the baby was delivered. Today my belly hurt so bad that I could not even walk. is this period cramps? normal?? this is my 4th child and I have never felt anything this painful before!

hnaused2010

Asked by hnaused2010 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• Not normal in my experience. Did it feel like period cramps? If so, then that may be what it was. I would probably call the doctor anyway, though, just to be on the safe side.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My cramps were hell for the first few cycles(like I couldn't stand up level of hell). But it would be best too tell your doctor and if you have any left the motrin they give you after your section would probly really help with the cramps/other pain.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 9:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I agree, call the Doc. my 1st and 3rd were emergency c/s and I don't recall too terrible bad cramping, but I was drugged out of my mind!!
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 9:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my cramps hurt really bad still and i had my dd almost 3yrs ago. i hurt really bad right before i have a BM too...it's like to the point i can't get up, i'm bent over, can't move...then when it stops i have to go to the bathroom cuz i know what's coming. i'd definitely tell your doctor though because it could be something going on that is not normal...rather be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• After my c-section, I found that any time I had any new increase in activity, I would have abdominal pain. You don't realize how much you use your abdominal muscles for everything until you have a surgery that affects them!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 11:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• katie, makes you wonder why we don't lose weight, using them so much lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011