• In the Spotlight:

hey my sisters in Christ

What can I do to make myself pray more and read more? Here latley I havent been doing nothing I have been so tired and my 9month old has not been feeling to well either. I need help its like my spirit wants to pray and read but my flesh is like to tired . Please help. GOd bless you all

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are several ways to motivate yourself. First you could try creating a list of others needs. Like friends and family who are sick, have financial problems, etc, that really need prayer. That way you'll jump outside yourself and serve others by letting them know you'll be praying for them. Next, why not look for a good devotion book for women at your favorite Christian book store? Everyday read just one days devotion. Then pray right after while baby is taking her morning nap? This way you'll feel refreshed and ready for your day. OR do it when you get into bed. Have a regular bedtime for her, spend some time with hubby and then read before going to sleep. No better way to rest your spirit and your mind, than reading God's Word and chatting with Him about your day!!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Good idea!
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Oh I would have to agree completely with Lifeasinoit..perfect answer. Dont feel bad either honey even the best Christians need a spiritual kick in the butt once in a while. Best of luck to you and your pending birth and God Bless
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• whoopsies..Im sorry I misread your post as your 9th month..*chuckles* I promise I don't know anything you dont... :o)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Pray while with your baby. The other night I spent several hours in prayer just seeking. It was amazing. I read while online. E-sword is my best friend at times. So much easier than trying to find time to sit down and do it. Well without a kid ripping the bible off my lap. I challange you to spending an hour in His word, and talking to Him one night this week!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• www.blueletterbible.com

they have a morning devotional, evening devotional, either a personalized daily bible reading program or a generic one. Check it out!! I do mine in the morning before my 3 year old and 6 month old decide to get up and if they get up, i put it away and do it when they nap or at least one of them naps. You can always do what i did with my first i read her my devotional prayed with her and did my bible reading (not study) with her. they may be little but it stil goes in their ears
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• instead of reading a book written by man. Read a few scriptures a day. How can you know god without knowing his word
    Anonymous

• also pray about it.
    Anonymous

• when you seek god he will seek you
    Anonymous

• pray...pray..pray...
    Anonymous