Ok how do they make it look like this?

I am making Lillies out of Royal Icing got the icing right, but how do they achieve this beautiful flower? I am using the 68 tip just like they say too but it does not come out like this it doesn't start wide at the bottom and then thin out how do I achieve this?

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Lily

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 9:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I wish I had the answer. Here's a bump so, hopefully another mama is able to help you out. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Practice, practice, practice. I know they make it look so easy in the instructions, but it takes a lot of practice to get those perfect flowers. Don't get discouraged, keep at it & you'll have them just right in no time. I remember when I started making flowers & how discouraging it could be when they didn't look just like the ones in the books or that my instructor did, but after making a hundred (or more) flops, I was finally making those picture perfect flowers too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You should sign up for the Wilton class. They have them at Michaels and JoAnn craft stores. I took the classes and they were really fun. They teach this flower and a lot of others, along with fondant work and many other things in the class.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would love too but money is sooo tight lol, Maybe I will be able to after a few more bills get paid off :)
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• From what I remember, the classes are not that expensive. And for me, it was totally worth it. I had a blast. I would totally recommend that you take it when you get a chance. But, as for how to do the lily, I was okay at it, but never was nearly as good as the instructor. Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2011