Why is my blood pressure so high?

I have been battling high blood pressure since my pregnancy 9 months ago. I am the DASH diet, eat very picky, work out regular. I have lost 30 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight and my blood pressure is still high. I am confused and baffled by my 27 year old body.

MumFerg

Asked by MumFerg at 9:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• do you have a family history of high blood pressure? it may not be being caused by weight, diet, or exercise routine.

Anonymous

• it could still be from when u were preggo but some women develp it after being preggo and it last for a while of forever
    Anonymous

• Mine seems to be hereditary. Talk it over with your doctor if you haven't yet.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Only my grandmother has had high bp and that was after she was 60 years old. Otherwise, no one else in my fam has it. My doctor is closely monitoring me. I have appts every 3 months. But i just feel like I am spinning my wheels. I have lost enought weight, I was told to. It could still be the hormones? I just wonder if it is something else secondary? Perhaps I will never get an answer.
    MumFerg

Answer by MumFerg at 9:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I wish mine was low I don't understand it either all I know is I was on anti depressants for about 4 years before my pregnancy and one of the side effects was HBP I believe that's what threw my system for a loop + it doesn't help that i'm mad all the time, lol well sometimes I can get mad or stressed at the drop of a dime. My dr. doesn't understand it either because HBP doesn't run in my family. Some causes of HBP lack of Postasium, calcium, folic acid and Magnesium I have not been faithful taking any of them but I should there is one supplement with CAL/MAG/ VITAMIN D. Good luck and keep me updated on your findings and what works for you. Godbless your journey in finding healing.
    jurnie

Answer by jurnie at 11:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I had high blood pressure off and on (with a very high heart rate) due to the graves disease. I was on beta blockers for a few months, but now that my thyroid levels are coming normal I stopped the beta blockers and my bp and heart rate are normal again. could be the thyroid problems.
    SAHMlaura

Answer by SAHMlaura at 1:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008