Real mom won't talk to daughter...

hey i'm a stepmom of 12 years.. to my step-daughter of 13 years and she just moved in permamently for the past year now...we get along great,,but her bio mom as not called her on daughter in the past two months... i feel soo bad for my sd, but i've tried to reach out to bio mom,but still no anwser....her mom just will not return calls .... what should me and my husband dooo???...should i sugest custody papers ,so i'll be MOM...cause i love her so much...??????help???

monkin38

Asked by monkin38 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• My friend growing up had a similar issue with his real dad and his stepdad filed for custody when he was 14. It made him happy. :)
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 9:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i think that right now all you can do is be there for her which sounds like exactly what you are doing. B/c w/o the bio mom's permission there is not much you can do in the way of adopting the sd. but i can tell you from experience that what you are doing is the best thing ever and it sounds like she is much better having you as mom than bio
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Just love her and be there for her if u keep trying sometimes it will disappoint your SD hopefully bio mom will come around
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think you should let the daughter decide at that age.. she's 13, I'd give it a few more months though.. if no contact after so long you can file abandonment on the bio-mom.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• That has to be so hard on her. I'm glad she has you and that you're so supportive. Keep supporting her and loving her and hopefully she will be able to go before the judge and tell him or her that she wants to be with you.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2011