Is 9 months old too young for fireworks?

I was thinking of bringing ear plugs but I'm worried its going to be too scarey for her how young of an infant have you taken and how did it go?

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aaaww i think she'll like the colors. my son was 4 months for his...watched it for like 2 minutes then wasn't too interested anymore lol. with yours being older, she may pay attention longer
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• No it's not too young.. My oldest was 9 months old exactly when she had her 1st 4th of July.. it'll be ok! :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It's not too young I took my ds when he was 6 months and he loved it. Just make sure her little ears are protected and shell be fine. She might actually really enjoy the colors.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my first dd I got a sitter for for that night.. (she ws 6 months old and with her nana)..
    but I plan on taking my second dd (she'll be almost 7 months old).. because one: she'll probably be asleep by the time they start, and I will have everything I'll need there.. and two: I would feel guilty for my 3 year old missing them.. but I'm prepared to leave early if need be, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• took mine at almost 9 months and he loooved it! sound didnt bother him at all.
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 10:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my daughter is 4 months old and we just got home from fireworks. she actually watched them and never cried. she did jump a few times but she didnt seem to mind it. just keep in mind that everyone is different and some babies can tolerate it better than others. good luck.
    price85

Answer by price85 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I took my 6 month old to the fireworks last night and tonight , she LOVED THEM !! she was ooo'ing and ahhh'ing the whole time and even fell asleep during the grand finale :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i plan on taking my 11 month old out tomorrow night :) not up to close but i'd imagine if you had a blanket and they felt secure they would be fine from a distance :)
    angela.bouchard

Answer by angela.bouchard at 2:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2011