Does any one else hate having people visit your house?

When I was little I hated when anyone went into my room. Now that I am older andhave my own hosue I find I hate having people over. I get really panicky. I can't sit still always nit picking at things and getting drinks. I have 4 kids adn feel like my house is not clean enough or stuff isn't nice enough. ( a few toys on the floor and stains on couch.) Any one else have this and how do you deal? My sons 1st birtday is friday and I am already flipping out at the thought of people in my space. Which is sad because my family has never been to my house.

Mzwest83

Asked by Mzwest83 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I only feel this way when the inlaws come over, I love having any other company.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I don't care to have people visit often, but once in a while is ok. I can't stand if anyone drops by unannounced and my house is a mess. I do HATE people in my bedroom. the bedroom is a private place, i believe and i hate visiting people in their bedrooms.
    Metal-head

Answer by Metal-head at 10:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I love having company as long as they don't come over unannounced or stay too long!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We love entertaining!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I agree with you. I hate unannounced company. I even call my mom before I stop by, hoping others will do.the same.
    I do as if my home is never clean enough.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I am exactly the same. I don't care so much about my friends since they're all teens and most teens are understanding I find, at least the ones I know are. I HATE when family or family friends drop by. Ugh.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 11:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• If people come over unannounced, I'll often visit with them on the porch rather than invite them in... UG. I hate being so territorial!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I just cleaned literally ALL DAY because my SIL and her family are coming over tomorrow. Her house is always perfect, it makes me sick.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My sister's house is always perfect too, even with two kids. I don't know how. I have one six month old and it seems I'm always up to my neck in bottles and diapers and toys and food thrown at the walls...
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 9:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• just remember others do not notice flaws that you see! whether it's your house, blemishes on your face, your artwork, etc. No body notices the little things! i would accept the way the house is and imagine you in THEIR house. you never think "wow what a pigsty" or "oh my god what's THAT!" do you? i know i never think that!! so chances are your guests aren't thinking anything like that either. i could be wrong but do you feel judged? its a pretty uncomfortable feeling. having company IS a lot of work, so i'm in on this with you, it's not my favorite thing in the world either, unless I'm READY! prepare yourself and if it helps lock some doors that you rather not have the guests go into.
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2011