Why are family members so two-faced at times... When they don't have to be?

I mean there is no reason I should be upset about my older sister visiting my Mom. She has even neglected to tell me my sister was going out there. I mean why be so secretive about something like that? There are no family quarrels that I know of, and it seems like my Mom wants to play that jealousy game. She gossips about her children amongst each of them. I am the only one who doesn't jump when she says to. Plus my Husband and I already invited my brother here for his birthday on the 5th. But now I find out he could not come because my older sister was going down there. And how did I find out, my younger sister wrote something on facebook.

The sneakyness is what gets to me.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 11:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• yeah my family are the same way. so childish...
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Believe Me.. i understand exactly- as bad as i hate it; i haven't spoke to my mom in 5 Years b/c of things just like this- i finally just got to a point where i could not take it..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh, I have a sneaky one, too. It is really awkward sometimes.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have that in my family but the lies that is told is what peeves me the most!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I guess it is just how family can be. So I am choosing to not call my Mom until she leaves. I just have to understand it's because my sister's husband recently came into $80,000.00 that my Mom is into my older sister for a bit. I did nothing and refuse to be apart of it so I just am going to stay out of it, but I can't pretend it does not hurt me to be left out of a family gathering. Especially when I was not told about it. All of my siblings are together with my Mom and I am not there. And the thing is my Dad past away last April, so I thought the petty family quarrels would end by now.

SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• we all have family lke this. Sad but its life
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Some people just love to cause drama. (I am sure you have seen it on CM)
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 12:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I COMPLETLY UNDERSTAD WHAT YOU MEAN MY MOM IS THE SAME WAY...
    lucinacruz

Answer by lucinacruz at 5:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• What I assumed this type of thing rarely happens. But just recent I discovered the same thing still goes on behind my back. I've did nothing to cause it, no quarrels nothing. Just drama a deceitful behavior. We had a family trip planned well a week before we were to leave all of a sudden I'm excluded. Information is shared and I'm left out of the reservations. It's just not cool or the way family should behave. I have allowed it too long, but no more. Just not healthy to accept being treated in such a manner. My immediate household made plans to accommodate and this is how we are treated. No more.
    ladycpo1

Answer by ladycpo1 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2013