Do you play along with your kids' imaginative games?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 11:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sometimes, it depends on the situation.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yeah we have rock concerts we make forts and play zoo keeper or grocery store or we make our own music videos and commercials. we have a blast. just recently my kids have taken to reinacting their favorite stories. i do find it funny tho that my 5 year old son can't get past the thought that not every story has a super hero it is so cute!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• As long as it isn't destructive. Sure. Last week it was scorching hot. Too hot to play outside. Next thing I know is the kids have all the floor pillows scattered around the family room and they were laughing and having a ball. When I asked what they were playing I was told. "Hot Lava". OOOkay. The pillows were rocks...and everywhere else was 'hot lava'. They had to jump on every single pillow in turn without touching the lava to win. I wound up playing to and we did that for 2 solid hours. It beat the heck out of them vegging in front of the boob tube.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yea I try to take advantage while I still can. My kids are 10 & 11...pretty soon they won't wanna do anything with me! LOL
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• sure, this is something they will always remember about you as a mom... and some of the ideas are .....well, wow!!! and i think i have more fun than they do...
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yes, i love playing around with my daughter during her imagination play, it gives me an insight into things she likes, and who she is developing into..

she's 3 1/2 now :)

my youngest will have a while before she gets into that though, she's only 6 almost 7 months
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yea, most of the time I will. My son is 4 and right now I am having trouble keeping up with what super hero he is this week! lol. It's crazy how much they can get into it, but it is fun.
    hottmomma042607

Answer by hottmomma042607 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Most of the time.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Of course!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• From being animals at a zoo, camping, being in a family band....and more. We have no television so there is just our imagination.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2011