In process of losing weight.. Having a hard time so what do you do to lose weight?

lovinmommynwife

Asked by lovinmommynwife at 11:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I started running and lifting weights.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 11:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I invested in a wii and I love it.started walking and riding my bike. I also made a list of my favorite foods and once a week I'll have a portion of 1 of them so I don't totally lose out. Seems to be working for me. Hope you are successful in your weight loss

starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You have to change up your exercise routine. See, when you always do the same type of exercise, your body gets used to it after awhile. In the beginning, the weight comes off pretty easily. It's losing those last few pounds (and keeping them off) that seems to be impossible. But when you switch up your exercise regimen, it kicks your body back into gear. So, if you usually do something like stairclimbing, try an elliptical machine or something. Doing different kinds of exercises helps keep your body on the lookout.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Wow, love the different options.. Do you work out alone or with a friend.. I use to work out 4-5 days a week with a friend and now I haven't gone in over a year.. Got some weight to lose and starting to go back on monday... I myself have a wii and the wii fit and never can find the time to do it. Either, my son or current boyfriend are here and watching tv or doing something in the living room to stop me from doing it and when I mention anything they say go ahead and work out . Do you really think i wanna work out to you sitting behinde me .... Umm No. I can't wait to see what others offer, i def could use some motivation right now
    lovinmommynwife

Comment by lovinmommynwife (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have fitness DVD's, because it's 110 here, and there is nooo way im going outside lol. Also I just downloaded a free iPhone/iPod app. it called "Lose it!" It basically counts your calories, and tells you how much you can eat to lose a certain amount each week. I've lost 4lbs! yaay
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• For me, food is the biggest component. I've started eating clean, which has made a HUGE difference. I also run, bike and strength train. I've lost about 65 lbs so far, and I'm still going. Keeping the motivation is absolutely the hardest part. I have a weight loss journal I created, and I listed every reason I want to lose weight, from preventing disease and being a good example to my son to feeling sexy and looking hot in a bikini. I log my workouts, and how I felt before, during, after, and any other notes, I keep a journal, I add motivational images and quotes, and whatever else I find that I feel would help. I think I need to add something about my upcoming half marathon, because it's sneaking up on me!! We all have those times where we lose motivation, and breaking through THAT has been one of the biggest keys in my success so far. You can do it! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I fkeep track of what I eat--how many calories, carbs, fat and so on I write this all down right down to the spices and things I use in and on my food; I walk every day for 20 minutes; no junk food is allowed we eat fruits and vegetables; the kids have healthy snacks also; writing everything down helps. I also swim 3 times a week. I have lost 40 plus pounds, another thing is don't weigh yourself every day; once a week is enough. Keeping a journal also helps. Sometimes joining a gym(is you can afford it) helps or getting some DVD's but I just focus on walking every day no matter how I feel. I do this alone because I have no one else that wants to go with me; sometimes my boys will walk with me but not regularly. I find when I am walking listening to uplifting/upbeat music helps
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• that should be keep
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• The only thing that works for me is to follow Weight Watchers. Writing every single thing I eat down on paper is the only was I can really remain accountable.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 2:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Add the Access bars to your workout - they taste great - give you added energy and burn stored fat. - a favorite among many olympic athletes :) I just love them 'cause they satisfy my sweet tooth and I am finally seeing that stubborn belly fat starting to disappear !! :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2011