Do u know any thing about Ziana,its acne medication.since i started it am breaking out more!!! i feel very bad coz of my acne... any suggestions

mamishad

Asked by mamishad at 11:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• Most acne meds make you break out more before you clear up. Give it a few months.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yeah, it always gets worse before it gets better. I went through the same thing when using Retin-A.
    LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Used Proactiv and mine got alot worse before it got better. By the 3rd month it cleared up. I say give it more time. When I got frustrated I started using a brand from the dollar store that had peroxide in it. It's stronger than proactiv and is $4. It's called Acne Free. So not sure if the proactiv finally started working or if the acne free is what worked
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I was prescribed Benza Clin. It's expensive if you don't have insurance.
    I was also prescribed Differin.

It didn't make my face worse. I've been using it a week, and can tell the biggest difference.
    .

However, my dermatologist did tell me it's normal for medicine to cause your face to break out at first. They normally want you to give it 6 weeks or unless it's really bothering your skin.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011