• In the Spotlight:

What does your young child call his/her, female/male organs ?

& what did your parents teach you to call it ?

my DD (she's 3, 4 in october) calls her girl part, a coochie because thats what i've always called it... LOL & when she asked what boys have, i called it a "wee wee" because shes very vocal at home & in public & i'de rather her shout out "wee wee" than PENIS ! LOL.

my mom has always called a girls part a "suzy woozy" LOL so when i was young thats what i called it & my mom called a boys part a "peter" when i was young, but i decided not to teach my daughter eather one of those just in case she meets a peter or suzy whens she in school ! LOL

ZoeyMariah.

Asked by ZoeyMariah. at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• he calls it a 'penis'..which is, ironically, what the medical term is.

my parents called them 'vagina' and, you guessed it, 'penis'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I don't recall ever even talking about it when I was a kid, private parts aren't part of everyday discussion. My kids just refered to their "bottom" and didn't feel the need to name things.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I call it what it is.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We've only ever called it a penis.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh, and I don't remember what my parents called any of our parts.
    JulieJacobKyle

• my boys says winky but i'm glad they say that because some of these 7 year olds be walking around saying d**k
    I don't remember what my parents called private parts.
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• idk what my parents called it, she calls it her guckie and her butt. she came up with guckie on her own
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My Son calls His penis exactly that. It's what it is, why shouldn't He call it that? Shit, He even knows what a vagina is called - He asked what mine is called and I told Him. Nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately for me, I thought those were dirty words when I was growing up, cause my idiot bio folks told me it was my "weewee" and a penis was a "peepee" - ugh. I was afraid to use the correct terms for years because of that.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 11:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• so when your very young children say there privates hurts cuz they have a rash or something... they say my vagina hurts? or my penis hurts?
    ZoeyMariah.

Comment by ZoeyMariah. (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my daughter knows the correct terms, but would rather use other names b/c every one in my family... like my grandmother & her fathers grandmother call it a name, if she need helps going potty or something, they'll say "do you need help wiping your suzy?" she thinks its funny. & it wasn't a serious question... i was just curious what crazy names your children come up with.
    ZoeyMariah.

Comment by ZoeyMariah. (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2011