please help me I need some advice

My whole life I said I wanted a man to take care of me to protect me, Yes I wanted the cinderella story. Alcoholism runs In my family. It's something I chose not to do. When I met my husband I chose him because he had EVERY SINGLE quality that I wanted in my mate. He knew how strongley I felt about no drinking and he even agreed with me. I couldn't even name one thing he did that I didn't love! Now 7 years later...I feel as if everything is changing. He's out right now drinking with his friends. It just hurts me and scares me. My Grandfather died from alchol my brother is a recovering achol and drug addict. My husband dad is a recovering alcholic. I'm not by any means saying that drinking is wrong in any way...and I don't look down on those of you that do. To each is own. How can I express this to my husband that what he is doing scares me. He drinks way too often and it has went from just one to plastured anytime he drinks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I told my guy, that I love him and if he didn't get control I may not be here one day and he will only have himself to blame. He has cut way back and doesn't get attitude anymore.
    genav

Answer by genav at 9:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Girl, I feel for ya. Your story sounds very similar to mine. I finally divorced my husband after sixteen years because I felt his drinking was getting out of control. Too many anger issues. Anyway, sit him down for a nice long talk, then give him an ultimatum. You or the drink. Sometimes, it's the only way. Just realize, you do not have to live your whole life this way. You have a right to live comfortably and happily free of alcohol.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• WELL im just the one you wanna talk too.Acholisism runs in my family and drug addiction i'm a recovering acholic and drug addict been clean for 10 years my mom died of overdose of drugs but i understand and here comes the hard part it depends on how much you can take and if you plan on continue to be with him you just have to accept it its very hard to try to talk to your mate about getting help you can try but he's not gonna stop or get help untils hes sick and tired of being sick and tired or the other option is you put your boundries down and let him know if he continues to drink you will separate yourself from him until he gets help if he gets help im just being very honest about this because i know some people are very blessed to be released from the addiction such as myself and he has to admit first of all he has a problem but if he's in denial about his drinking thats not good either
    diamonds7207

Answer by diamonds7207 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If you need me heres my email address and if anyone else on here that has a problem with drugs or achol or a loved one please contact me at diamonds7207@aol.com i help people all the time with problems like that god bless everyone and your familys
    diamonds7207

Answer by diamonds7207 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Please find an Al-Anon chapter in your area. They will be a huge help.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008