I had sex with my boyfriend after i stopped taking my birth control pills.I ran out of pills on a sunday and we had sex that next day.. which was monday..could i have gotten pregnant that quick from that one time???

How quick can u get pregnant when u stop taking ur pills??

shamane

Asked by shamane at 12:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well, they say if u dont take a pill then use a condom. i would go out and see if u can still get plan b or some sort of EC if u dont want to get pregnant.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• The answer to that one is YES!! It is very possible to get pregnant just by missing or not taking the pill for one day. Was this intentional or did you just forget or ran out of the pills?
    Queenof8Bratz

Answer by Queenof8Bratz at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Sweetheart you can get pregnant and you can also get pregnant when you are still on the pill... remember abstenance is the sure way of not getting pregnant. I know this bc my best friends mom has 3 kids Jason 36, Robert 26, Stephanie 23. guess which one was a birthcontrol baby... Jason & Stephanie. kinda puts things in perspective doesnt it. im getting one of those IUD implants bc i forget everything

Pamela
    Thaifalung20

Answer by Thaifalung20 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I was using Birth control and got prego
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes you can...do you know when you were ovulating? you can use a ovulation calculator & remember sperm can also live 7-8 days inside.. Here is a link to the calculator... http://www.webmd.com/content/tools/1/calc_ovulation.htm
    Good luck!
    koodie78

Answer by koodie78 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• yep, i did get preg when i forgot mine too..
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 1:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes. I stopped taking BC pills and my hubby and I had sex that weekend. That's how I got pregnant with my little boy
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You can but the BC is probably still in your system so it would probably be harder. I am not a personal believer in the pill only because there are so many pill babies out there...my oldest stepson included.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Do a pregnancy test. They show pretty early. It's dangerous to take bc pills if you are pregnant so you need to find out ASAP!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 4:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2008