What can i do to get rid of horrible hip pain?

My hip pain is horrible and hurts all the time. I don't want to sit down and I don't want to stand up. It's just non-stop pain!!! is it normal. Im 25 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

Hailey.Brimm

Asked by Hailey.Brimm at 11:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was the same way...im no longer pregnant and my youngest is 2.5 yrs old and my hips still kill everyday. Sharp pains that stop me in my tracks. I think it may have to do with an epideral and or having my legs behind my head while i was giving birth. I need to see the chiropractor about it . Hope you feel better
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I am pretty sure it is normal your hips are spreading out and becoming more loose in preparation for delivery. l I have to say my hips don't feel all that great these days either, if I sit for too long I feel like i am literally sitting on bone and I am never comfortable sitting down anymore I shift from side to side always have a million pillows under me. Try taking a warm bath and rubbing warmed lotion on your hip, if you have a SO now is the time to get them working, ask them to massage your hips for you it could really help ease your pain for a little while at least. Also try a heating pad or ice even. When you are sleeping or lying down always put a pillow between your knees I never did this before and it really helps take pressure off your hips.

I really hope something I said works for you...Feel better Mama!
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Unfortunately, it is normal. Your pelvic area is changing to support your baby. You may not want to take any pain medicine, but if it becomes unbearable and all the home remedies don't seem to help at all, you may want to ask your doctor which pain medicine is safest for you to take. I hope you get some relief:-)

Check out My Blog:
    FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Sounds like it may be SPD.
    Unfortunately delivery is The Cure.

You might try chiro and acupuncture for some relief~

hugs!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If you have had hip pain before the pregnancy, then the added weight must've exacerbated the pain. Know the cause of the hip pain first. Many women have already gotten a hip surgery but there were several complications associated to the pregnancy. To now more about it hip surgery, click here.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2012