potty training is it to soon?

im trying to potty train my 2 1/2 yr old but she dosent seem to want to . i put her on the potty chair and she gose into fits. she takes her pull up off when she gose but will not the use the bathroom any ideas?

shreveskids

Asked by shreveskids at 9:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• shes not ready yet she will potty train herself when she is ready shes showing 1 sign tho
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think you have to wait until they are ready...if she doesn't want to sit, your not going to make it any easier making her sit there....wait until she is ready not when your ready....but that doesn't mean to totally give up...introduce her to potty stories, videos, use charts and a reward system... bring her around other children her age that are potty training..im sure she will be more willing once she is ready good luck!
    Anonymous

• They start giving signs on their own. We've had a potty chair available for almost 6 months now but only recently has my 2 year old been telling me she needs to go potty. So we sit there and she reads books. And she still has not used the potty once. She'll go as soon as she gets off but I feel we're making progress.

When we first got the chair she would only sit on it with her cloths on and only for a minute. Then she wouldn't have anything to do with it when we asked her to go potty. So we're making steps...baby steps...lol
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If she doesnt want to then you shouldnt make her because its going to be too hard. Wait until shes ready. I've heard that Girls are so much harder to potty train than boys are. My son was 2 1/2 when he was completly potty trained, my daughter is now 2 1/2 and shows not intrest. You can introduce some potty training books, movies or even dolls that might encourage her but dont make her if shes not ready. Good Luck
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I started potty training I let my son color or play with stickers. I was told to kinda distract him so he will stay.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My son is 2 and isn't potty trained. He has used the potty twice, has did 1 and 2. We don't make him go, I just tell him..."Mommy has to potty, do you wanna go and sit on the potty and talk to Mommy;? and he will come in and pull off his pull up and sit on the potty. Like I said he has only used it twice but he will sit there until I have to finally get him out of the bathroom. He still doesn't talk all that good, so I think I will have a couple more months before he is fully trained.
    Jen_Norvell

Answer by Jen_Norvell at 1:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Sounds like she is just starting to get ready but isn't fully yet . What I have been doing is having a potty in every room ( I bought used ones so I could lol ) and never pressured my DD into going potty but if she tried I made a huge deal out of it . And now she is training herself which is easier than just to stress out and keeping on their heels so they can learn to use the potty . She now pee's and poops in the potty not reg but still she is going on her own free will and is loving wearing big girl panties : P
    So just have the potty where she can use it like in the living room if she wants to go when she pulls off her diaper or pull up . Also read potty books and make a big deal when she uses the potty !! That always tops it off : )
    CrystalDawn2506

Answer by CrystalDawn2506 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2008