Is the PROSPERITY DOCTRINIE true or false? If it's false then why do they always have and answer for every question that had a million scriptures to back it? Is that REAL deception, when all the scriptures are actually in ther?

Why are so many believers following this? People that I know have not believed it until they look at the referring scriptures and all of the sudden it's like they just start to believe, What's going on? Could they be REAL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My husband says that the Bible is the only book that references itself to prove it's right ;)
    Anonymous

• It's a total fraud as far as I'm concerned. The bible is fiction written by bronze-age nomads who got their wealth by slaughtering other civilizations. The question is, has it worked for YOU?
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• People believe it because it is appealing. Plus, skilled preachers can make it seem that there are Scripture passages to back it up, however, Scripture must be taken in it's entirety and not skimmed for certain passages. For every out of context passage which seems to support prosperity doctrines, there are a dozen which contradict it. That is because the "wealth" which the Scriptures seem to promise is not necessarily earthly wealth.

God is not meant to be a get rich quick scheme.
    Anonymous

• The bible does say that it is his will that we prosper. BUt it also says that we cannot be greedy for gain either. Prosperity comes by following the recipe. I you give and pay your tithes and be faithful to God and the things of God he will prosper you rather it be spiritually or financially. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and ALL his righetousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Do the will of God first and he will bless you.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• The apostles got their wealth by slaughtering other nations?
    MTJ

Answer by MTJ at 9:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• MTJ are you asking a question or making an accusation?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am asking witchqueen to justify her accusation that the bible was written my people who got their wealth by slaughtering other nations.
    MTJ

Answer by MTJ at 9:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Most people who don't understand or who have only heard parts of it don't believe it or think it's a fraud. The purpose of teaching prosperity is not have a whole lot of material things. The purpose of prosperity and teaching believers what the bible says about it is so that as a believer/ Christian I can be prosperous and blessed to be a blessing to others. Right now ppl are panicing over the economy. I'm not because my source, finances, and blessings are not dependent upon the economy. This questions was asked about prosperity and I posted a bunch of scriptures of what the bible says... if you want them reposted i am willing.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I just believe that when you have God on your side you are prosperous. Just like Bonn777 said in other words. When things go down financially God will take care of his people.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• OP: If you want scriptures regarding what God says about prospering His ppl then I'd be happy to get those to you. Feel free to PM me. When prosperity is taught correctly it's about being able to bless those in need, enabling your church to meet the needs of those who are hurting, hungry, and clothed.. yes churches are to meet spiritual needs but we as Christians are suppose to feed those who are hungry, clothe those who need it etc. If you are not prospering and only have enough to meet or barely meet your own needs, you cannot help anyone else. That is what prosperity teaching is all about.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008