Is it normal for husbands to masturbate instead of having sex with his wife?

My hubby and I been together for 3 yrs. and married for 2 months. I am 23 weeks pregant and this is our first child together. I tried to satisfy him in all expects of our sexual relationship such as, have sex whenever he wants even though I don't feel like it, dance for him and dress up sexy clothing, oral and still my hubby masturbates in the bathroom knowing I am in the room. I understand its normal for men when the women is not around but I am in the room and he still does his business. When we discuss the matter he stated its a habit of his since he was a teenage boy. Now he is 28 yrs. old and I feel neglected when he does his business as if I can't satisfy him. Is it normal for him to masturbate instead of having sexd with me? Should I just get over it and ignore the matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• i dont think it's that.. sometime a guy just does it to have time alone..he's probably thinking of you naked anyways
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I dont think it is very normal. The only time my husband does it is when he is out of town or when he hasnt gotten any in quite a while.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• confront him, tell him how that makes you feel. he shouldn't have to masturbate if you're doing everything to please him. open communication, better relationship.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I dont think so. My hubby has never masturbated the whole time we have been together. He says it takes to long. And that there is nothing about his hand that turns him on.
    Anonymous

• It's perfectly normal. Just like us women, sometimes a man isn't in the mood for sex. Sometimes a man just wants to do it himself. I don't think you should feel offended. He's not doing it because he isn't attracted to you, or because he doesn't love you. He knows how he likes it and just wants to have some alone time. It is completely natural to masterbate. My SO masterbates daily, as do I. Don't worry about it hun. If you don't masterbate I highly suggeat that you do.. then you'll understand why he does it. haha
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 10:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Some guys just do it. Some ladies do it too. As long as he is still interested in sex with you I wouldn't worry about it. If he were always opting for the hand over the real thing I would be concerned. It's like scratching an itch. Try not to take it personally. Also, if he is will to take care of himself then maybe you shouldn't be doing it even when you don't want to...
    Anonymous

• well talk to him about it tell him how it makes you feel. using I statements and then ask him why he does it? It might be because he doesn;t want to hurt you or he's scared hes hurting the baby. If you've told him before that it's ok to have sex even though your pregnant he might still think that it's really not ok. Talk to him and find out.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• It's normal. at least he's beating off instead of going else where. and as long as he's having sex with you on a normal basis for you, then dont trip.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• no not normal
    diamonds7207

Answer by diamonds7207 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Did he do this ever since you met him? And how did you know what he was doing in there?
    Anonymous