• In the Spotlight:

What should I know about a baby girl that they just dont tell you?

What are some things I need to know about a baby girl that they just dont tell you? I have a boy and no one told me about his circumcision, Any thing out of the normal I need to know?

babyhuey2

Asked by babyhuey2 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing I can think of. Girls are easy!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Tights are hard to put on. So are cutesy dresses that button in the back. Fine baby hair is hard to "style" so even if you are girly your daughter may have a bald/super short haircut or a bowl cut/bob for a while - may make your life easier!

good luck!!
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• baby girls can have some pink discharge in their diaper in the first few days from your hormones leaving their system. They can even have discharge from their breast. No one told me this I freaked out. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes, I was going to put that too...about the discharge. Luckily, my midwife did tell me it was normal the first week or so. My daughter also had the leaky boobs and that lasted quite awhile it seemed...until I stopped breastfeeding. The only other thing, although some doctors DO tell you this right away, is that you have to be careful when wiping baby girls. Always front to back to avoid getting anything into the vagina since girls are more prone to infections. Congrats!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i read the discharge thing about the breasts, that was true for my son! LOL He was squirting milky fluid from his lil man boob....
    anyway... girls, are super fun. just be sure to clean all the folds. the white stuff in there is normal and actually healthy for them as a newborn
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I agree with the wiping front to back! I think if my daughter had had any of that discharge, I would have freaked out too. Thanks for mentioning it, ladies! If number 2 is a girl, I'll be prepared if it happens.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Dh freaked when dd was born because she had "pubes" lol. I just told him to shut up it was peach fuzz. Sometimes baby girls are born bleeding a little bit, but it's left over hormones from the mother.
    I work with a mom who said her daughter got ecoli when she was about 3 weeks old. She said the doctors told her it can be common in girls just from the diapers and how they poop etc.
    Little girls clothes have so many buttons and snaps. Whoever desinged these clothes has NEVER had to dress a squirming toddler!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2011