Do you think its a good idea to try to get my RN license while my man is deployed or should I find something else to do for a year?

Any suggestions would be a great too!

ProudMarineW530

Asked by ProudMarineW530 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• If that is what you want to do and a career choice than by all means go for it!
    Queenof8Bratz

Answer by Queenof8Bratz at 12:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• why not? do u already have ur LPN? cause if not then it will take u longer than a year to get ur RN, but if u can work out school and daycare and all that then why not? it will only be helping the family out in the long run! and imagine how proud he would be of u when he comes home to find u have a degree!
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Go for it, my ex husband was deployed for 9 months and i was bored out of my mind... I sould have gone to Massage Theorpy school
    Thaifalung20

Answer by Thaifalung20 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Anytime is a good time for any type of education. I say go for it... You have lots of time while he's away.. might as well be learning...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes, Please do it will keep you busy, plus make you a good living my x-husband is a trama nurse and he makes 45$ an hour he's only an LPN, He only has to work 3 day's a week and have a good check... GO FOR IT !!!!! good luck
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 4:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I am all for getting your education...and it will keep you occupied. Then when he comes home he will be so proud that his wife was able to get her degree on her own. It will give you such a feeling of accomplishment...which BTW will be totally deserved. I'm with ya tho...I am going to get my RN next year and it is really nerve wracking.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• If being an RN makes you happy then go for it. Why not?? Doyou think he would be upset if you did??
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 11:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• GO FOR IT! You’ll be happy that you did. It’ll keep you busy so you’re not preoccupied with everything going on wherever he’s stationed. And you’ll have a strong career. For your sanity, consider going PT. Some colleges offer day care. There might be a waiting list, though. Good Luck!!!!
    nettie04

Answer by nettie04 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2008