Can't stop feeling this way...

I have always been slightly thin. When I was a teenager, the biggest size I got to was a size 9. I have been on birth control since I was 17, now I am 26 and I have ballooned to a size 15! I hate feeling so large! I'm 5'2" and weigh 170 lbs. My Doctor told me I can only gain 20 lbs during my pregnancy. I have no real idea how I got so big and I am sooooo uncomfortable in my own skin. I blame the years of birth control and not exercising, but I walk everyday. I park in the far away parking lots at my college so that I have to walk a bit to and from class, I don't sit around all day, as much as I'd like to, but I have trouble exercising because I have back issues, sciatica, asthma, and I feel very sick when exposed to the sun. I just have no motivation. I have a bicycle, but nobody to go on a bike ride with. I have little to no space in my home to work out and its much toooo hot out lately to be out and about in the daytime. I just want to be comfortable again. Any ideas on what I could do to help? Maybe walk a little in the evening when it cools off. Any ideas for what to do about my sciatica and back issues so that I can stay at a more comfortable weight?

Metal-head

Asked by Metal-head at 12:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Exercise is only half the equation- the other half is what you eat. So start watching that. Sure you might not eat until your super full- but a small handful of chips can have 150 calories. Something that would require you to walk 1.5 miles just to burn off.

I'd also stop with the excuses. Yes they probably are true, but now you need to find a way to work around them. Get up early in the morning to go on a bike ride. Start inviting others to go with you if you don't want to go alone. Go late in the evenings. Clear a space in your house so you can do work out videos (cleaning is a good way to burn some extra calories too!) Go swimming with the kids for a few hours. Find a trail near your home that is mostly shaded and go on walks.

Weight loss or maintenance is something that you can do if you want to.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I do love to swim, and my parents have a pool at their mobile home park. Thank you for getting on my case, lol Sometimes I just need to hear from someone else that I'm just making excuses.
    Metal-head

Comment by Metal-head (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011