I'm having a boy and wanted a girl... HELP!

i'm almost 19 weeks and i just found out i'm having a boy and i'm scared shitless because i bonded with the idea of having a girl. thinking about having a boy doesn't make me excited or happy, thinking about having a girl does. going to the store and seeing girl clothes and things makes me excited but seeing boy stuff doesn't. i'm so scared that my feelings will never change, were you in the same boat? how did you get excited about having a boy? i just wanna be happy and not so scared and disappointed, i feel like a horrible person=(

quinny89

Asked by quinny89 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• First off- love the screen name that is DD nickname...
    Second with DS I wanted a girl so bad I actually cried when the tech told me boy. Once I picked name and started shopping nad had my shower I brightened up to the idea. These feelings will pass.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• You will hun. I was the same way with my first one. When you see him you will fall in love like you have never felt before.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• what if it doesn't get better? i can't believe how upset i am, i feel so guilty, i just can't imagine myself with a boy
    quinny89

Comment by quinny89 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I swear it will! Give it 3-4 days then start picking out names. Once this baby boy has a name you can start working on becoming attached to the idea. Boys can be a fun to. They may not have the same selection of clothes, lol, but they are so rough and tumble cute and most little boys are very into cuddling with their mama. My DS is almost 7 and still loves to cuddle with me, DD is 3 and won't have it even for a few min!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Be happy your baby is healthy!! Some people don't even get that!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I initially wanted a girl, too. I was looking forward to shopping for cute girl dresses and sharing girlie stuff with my daughter. But lo and behold--I had a boy, and trust me-- it's wonderful! My son stole my heart the moment I held him in my arms, and I did not realize how much love I could have for another being. I'd love to have a girl some day, but I would not trade the privilege of having my son for anything!!

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• You will change your mind. We soo wanted a boy, we were dead set on boy, but we found out we were having a girl, after a day or so of disappointment I was so happy that I got to have a little girl. This time though we are really wanting a boy. I wouldn't mind if it is a girl but my hubby will be very sad.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have 2 boys and a girl, DD is the middle child. I wanted a girl for my first, all of my friends were having girls. I was a bit disappointed at first (and I didn't know until the birth.) But I loved that baby. He was mine and he was special. Now he's a teen, I'm not so sure what he is, lol. But he is a great kid and still mine and special.

The cute clothes and shopping were fun when she was small. But I'm not that girly, so having the boys is a blast most days. I get the bonding time with DD but can be gross and messy with the boys.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• First of all many women in this world wish they could conceive a baby to begin with!!! Since ur one of the lucky ones who has dont worry about the sex of the baby just worry about its health!
    Mommy2Raul

Answer by Mommy2Raul at 12:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It will change, try not to be so hard on yourself. I never imagined myself having a daughter...I have six younger brothers and all my cousins who were around my age are boys and most of my baby cousins are boys as well so I'm use to little boys. I had no experience with little girls so I just never pictured myself having one, while I know it is of course not possible to choose the gender of your child I really hoped for a boy the first time I got pregnant...then came the 20 week ultrasound and we were told it was a girl. I was crushed at first, DH was thrilled of course because he wanted a little daddy's girl (and oh boy is she ever) but by the time she was born I was use to the idea of little dresses and all the other girl stuff...my second child was also a girl and honestly I'm absolutely blessed to have little girls and now I also have 3 boys so I got the little boys I always wanted too.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2011